Welcome to My Page
As the Adult Education Coordinator, I have the privilege of getting to work with our amazing teaching staff, local business professionals, as students from all our programs such as Primetime, Practical Nursing, Nurse Aide, Phlebotomy, & CDL.
I also serve the HCCTC as the
- Adult Recruitment Officer
- Financial Aide Administrator
- NHA Chief Administrator and Proctor
- HiSet Chief Administrator and Proctor
- Health Science Team Leader
- Nurse Aide Program Coordinator
I work in our local community with businesses and organizations to enhance the economic growth and impact for both Huntingdon County and the Huntingdon County Career and Technology Center. I participate in the following committees:
- Huntingdon County Business & Industry – Business Development Committee, Board of Directors Community Representative
- Huntingdon Chamber of Commerce – Education Committee Chairman – Youth Leadership Program Coordinator
- Huntingdon County CareerLink Huntingdon County – Business Service Team Member
Working together with these local businesses and agencies, We are able to provide greater opportunities for our school and students like:
In house skills training
- Huntingdon County CareerLink – Grant sponsored programs like Breaking Taboo, Business and Bytes, Career Readiness and pre apprenticeship orientations.
Job fairs, business tours, and classroom presentations
- First Quality – Lewistown, Pa
- Huntingdon Electric Motor – Huntingdon, PA
- First Energy Corp.
- Price Motor Sales - Cassville, PA
- Brumbaugh Lumber – Shirleysburg, PA
Currently our Health Science programs also operate cooperating Agency Agreements with
- Penn Highlands Huntingdon
- Aristacare at Woodland Park
- Aristacare at Huntingdon Hills Park
- Westminster Woods
- Broad Top Medical Center
- Fulton County Medical Center
- Huntingdon County Child and Adult Development Corporation
- Cradles to Crayons
- Epworth Manor
How did I get here?
From the time I was little I knew I wanted to be a nurse. I was accepted to Penn State University nursing program my junior year of high school. I was all set, so I never looked at anything else. Fast forward to Fall 1999 at Penn State Altoona, I LOVED Anatomy and Physiology, Dissections, Clinical rotations . . . What I hated . . . just how concrete you had to be for testing. 1 scenario, 4 answers. One sounded right, two sounded better, then there was the right one. ARGH. If a patient was peeing orange, why did it HAVE to be the meds not the fact that they ate a 10 lb bag of carrots in the preceding days J My Mind worked in the grey area, not in black and white. So I switched my major and graduated in one of the first classes to graduate from Penn State Altoona with a 4 year degree in Human Development and Family studies - Community Serve option with emphasis on Adolescent Development.
I completed my internship with Employment & Training Inc in Huntingdon County. I was operating youth programs (Remember WIOA, WIA, JTPA). I Graduated in December 2002 and was offered a full time job with them to start in January 2003. I loved the interaction with the local businesses and agencies. What I loved the most was working with the youth and the local schools. I knew quickly my passion was in teaching and leading groups. After almost 13 years with Employment & Training and the CareerLink (and marrying into a family of educators) I decided to make a leap into a position that would give me the best of both worlds. The Adult Education Coordinators position allows me to continue with students, businesses, making a difference in Huntingdon County, and my love of teaching.